Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Micah's Birthday

Micah is here much relief to my sister in-law Jess, who couldn't go one more day with that big boy weighing her down. He was born on June 19th @ 9:12 in the morning. Mommy and baby are doing great! They are heading home this morning (Saturday) so we will see how Layla Grace handles the new addition. I'm sure she will be fine but I look forward to her reaction.
So here's the scoop. Thursday morning I woke up and headed to the hospital at about 7:15am. I didn't want to miss the birth of the new baby in the family. When I arrived Jess was dilated 3cm, she had been 3cm since her doctor's appointment at 10:30am on Wednesday morning. Jess was in great spirits and feeling no pain. She was lucky enough this go round to get the epidural upon her arrival at the hospital. Jess, Brother and I were chatting, anticipating a long day of waiting for the special delivery. Jess' doctor came by at about 8ish and checked to see how Jess was progressing. To our surprise Jess was fully dilated and the baby would be here in no time. Jess caught me off guard when she offered to let me stay in the room to witness the birth of my godchild. I wasn't sure if I was quite ready for this, I mean, I really didn't know what to expect. I didn't have much time to think about though, as I contemplated everything took place. Looks like I was in. It was amazing! Jess was so calm and so great through the delivery. She made it look so easy. Brother was there by her side reassuring her she was doing great job. In a matter of 15-20 minutes we were blessed with Baby Micah Stephen. Just like that Chris and Jess were proud parents for the second time.
As for me, I'm so happy I stayed and witnessed the birth. I feel so much more confident and relaxed about giving birth to Baby Dan Michael. I'm not sure why, but I had a totally different image of what delivery was like. I thought there would be screaming and chaos. I thought there was going to be blood and yucky stuff, but I was wrong. It was very calm, and clean... Kudos to Jess and Brother for a job well done.

2 comments:

Big Bets said...

Great job Girlie! The pictures are wonderful and your play by play even better. That Maw-Maw sure is pretty. I'm so glad you could be there for your brother. Can we send a newspaper photographer and writer into delivery with you because Baby Dan's birth is front page news.

Caitlin said...

Congrats on becoming an Aunt again! That's great that you got to see the whole delivery. You are looking fabulous! Do you have the room set up? I can't believe it's almost time for our little ones to be here!