Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 5, 2008

The first of four biweekly doctor visits

On Tuesday Dan and I headed to Dr Schiavi office (I feel like I live there now) for another check up. Everything is great. I've gained about 18 pounds. We also listened to the bambino's heart beat and it was just a racing, which is fine b/c he's working hard in there to get ready for the real world. After every checkup the doc asks us if we have any questions and usually I have something on my mind. This week I decided to ask her when I go into labor when will she let me have the epidural? I was curious about this b/c people always ask, how are you going to give birth?, are getting an epidural? (hell yeah), well your not going to get when you want it they make you wait! (hell no)
Alleluia, Dr. Schiavi (she's truly the BEST) said I CAN have it whenever I'm ready. She explained to me that there is no proof that getting the epidural too soon causes one to have to get a C-section. She said it could possibly prolong labor, but at least I will be comfortable. My thoughts on this is, if I'm going to the hospital its b/c I'm in pain. You go to the hospital for their help to relieve pain and for them to make you feel more comfortable while they take care of the problem, or in my case deliver our child. Why in the world would one have to suffer, its 2008 people...we've put people on the moon, can't someone be sure that I don't have to suffer while birthing a baby?

1 comment:

Frog said...

I can't believe the time is flying by! I agree about the pain meds even if I made it to 10 without them. It wasn't by choice!