Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I SURVIVED

I survived! Today was my scheduled check up at the doctors and the scheduled gestational diabetes test. I must admit I'm a bit ridiculous when it comes to getting blood drawn and I knew what I was in store for today so last night I shed some tears in fear of the needle. I love going for my check ups, I have an awesome doc and I always leave with good news about the baby's progress. I awoke this morning at 6:00AM with the anticipation of the appointment, and I wined to Dan all morning long. Well, I made out like a champ! When I got to the office I had to drink a bottle of some stuff that actually tasted ok in my book. Then I was informed that in an hour I would have two tubes of blood drawn, nice some time think about it. Well during that time I went in to see Dr Schiavi for my check up and all is great with me and Baby Dan. I've gained about 17 pounds, I like to think that its all in my belly and boobs. After the check up I was sent back to the waiting room to finish off my remaining 30 minutes. I called Dan in for back up, he said he would meet at the office in time for the "NEEDLE". 5 minuted prior to the 10:30 time I was given I was called in, I was hoping I would sit in the waiting area for the rest of my life, so I headed in to give the blood without Dan by my side :( I did it, I gave two little tubes of blood and didn't pass out. The nurse did a good job of keeping me preoccupied so I really didn't notice that I did it. I'm so proud of myself, and happy for Dan that I didn't pass out b/c then he would have had hell to pay for not being there with me. All worked out, Dan picked me and gave me a pat on the back and we went on our merry way.
I must say that I still have no complaints about being pregnant. I have found this to be quite a breeze so far. If I'm on track the baby will be 28 weeks Friday and that make 7 months! I'm finding myself thinking more and more about the arrival of the baby and what he will look like and how he will react to us. I can hardly wait for the big day.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Great job, Lenee!
I can't belive you're 28 weeks already. The baby will be here before you know it.

Big Bets said...

You are doing wonderful and look great. I am so proud. If Baby Dan does not like you he can always come and live with me.

The Andersens said...

You are moving along so fast. I'm really glad you have the blog so I don't feel like I miss out too much. Tell baby Dan his Nanny says hi and Cousin Nola can't wait to meet him.

Love y'all!