Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

6.5 week update

I'm not sure where to start. Everyday brings new things and I'm having a hard time keeping up. Let's see...

Dan Michael is now smiling. One day I was talking to him and he smiled and I teared up. You all know me, I'm no softy but this little guy has stolen my heart. He smiles more and more everyday, its so adorable.

Our sweet boy is now on formula and he his taking without any issues, so far. I'm done with the breastmilk. We have a good bit frozen so I give him a breastmilk bottle, then a Similac bottle. We will do that until all the breastmilk runs out. I also tried to upgrade him to a level 2 nipple, which gives him more flow and makes feeding time faster, not ready for that just yet. He spewed all over, YUCK. I had to get the mop out on this one.

Dan Michael is still very easy going. Bedtime is breeze. If you put him down on his belly he will go right to sleep. Well maybe he doesn't go right to sleep but he doesn't cry and I go right to sleep. We have caught him a handful of times sucking his thumb. I really don't want a thumb sucker b/c I hear its quite a hard habit to break, but what I am to do about it? Its precious to watch him trying to find his thumb too.

Well, as of last week I'm a working mother. I have a great job that enables me to spend the mornings with him, so it has not been a hard adjustment. Kudos, to the moms that work 8-5, that had to be torture going back. We spend the morning talking to each other, listening to music, going for walks, and napping together. We have a blast. When its time for me to go work he gets delivered to Aunt Ann. The first week was an adjustment but the two of them are starting to figure each other out. I think Dan Michael plays on Aunt Ann's heart, he likes for her to hold him so he gives a tough time until she gives in. I've advised her not to jump when he starts to cry b/c he will soon stop. This is week two for them and I think its all coming together. On Fridays Aunt Ann has the day off. Mr. Dan and Mrs. Patricia take that shift. They truly enjoy spending time with their first and only grandson.

That's all for now.

No comments: