Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

No Baby Yet, but here's where we stand.

Okay, Tuesday morning I headed to Dr Schiavi's office so she could check me out. Weight, urine, blood pressure, yadda-yadda-yadda... all looks great. I've been experiencing zero problems since the last visit, besides being way too anxious. I think every day is "THE DAY." Dan's over me telling him that, haha. So anyway, all that is left is for her to check to see if I've made any progress down below. My hubby didn't freak out and hide this time, he was there for me with a smile. The doc informed me that I'm still at 2 cm but that I'm very soft. She explained that I'm very textbook, hitting everything right at the right time. Here we go again, it could be any day or I may see you next week. I'm starting not to sleep at night b/c I all I think about is the arrival of the baby. While in her office she brought up getting induced. I wasn't quite ready to even think about that. She said at 39 weeks I can pick a date and she will induce. I was a bit freaked out b/c I associate getting induced with having c-section and I'm really hoping to avoid that. I voiced my concern about that and Dr Schiavi said that is not necessarily the case. Since I've already started the labor process, once they give me the pitocin I should start making progress and avoid the whole c-section fiasco. I told her that we would come prepared next week with a date if we have not already had him. That was that. Any suggestions on date?
Dan and I headed home, giddy because we are making some progress. Curious about the fact the we were just were discussing inducing. All was fine. I had a little bite to eat and then laid down for a short nap. I awoke and worked on some stuff at my desk then noticed the time and started to get ready for court (work). I went to the restroom and I was freaked out. I had some bleeding, they say spotting is ok, but bleeding is a no-no. Thank goodness Dan was home I told him my issue and he advised me to call the doctor and ask her...GENIUS! I did. She was not really concerned but wanted to be cautious so she asked me to head to labor and delivery to get checked out, which means get put on monitors. All was fine, the baby's heart rate was perfect and we could even see me having some mild contractions. They sent me home with a good bill of health and advised me that they would see me soon. So, what was the bleeding...not positive but after talking about it with others we think it was the mucus plug. HAHAHA, every time I say mucus plug Dan cringes, heheh mucus plug hahaha. I feel great this morning. I just got back in from walking the dog, she is truly enjoying this. I felt some pressure on the walk but nothing painful yet. I'm sure we are getting really close, well I sure hope we are. I will keep you all posted!
Hopefully next entry will be a beautiful picture of our Baby Boy.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

You're so close! I predict you will have the baby tomorrow, Aug. 7at 7:42pm.

Anonymous said...

I am guessing sometime on 08/08/08. How cool would that be?!?!!

Anonymous said...

I hate to burst your bubble, but I lost my mucus plug 3 weeks before I was induced to have Chase. I was also 1 cm dialted for like a month and never made any more progress.

Hopefully you're not in the same situation (b/c I know how anxious you are), but just be prepared to wait a little while longer if Baby Dan isn't ready to make his appearance yet. He might be totally satisfied being in his mamma's belly for now.

P.S. I was induced and did not have a C-Section, but my delivery took FOREVER! Call me if you want to talk more about it.

I'll be praying that baby Dan makes his entrance on his own very soon!