Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 13, 2008

18 weeks and feeling great.



Just a quick update. I'm 18 weeks along and excited to be approaching the half way mark. I am feeling great although I am still dealing with some minor issues. Yep..I'm starting to get bigger, finally! My belly is definitely showing now and some of my clothes are being stored away until after Baby Dan is born. To be honest I am excited about getting bigger, I'm over hearing "You don't look pregnant." I find myself to be eating more too, I guess I should since there are two to feed. I haven't had any crazy cravings, just a sweet tooth that I never had before. I like to think that I have been very stable as far as my emotions are concerned, my husband may think differently. Well.. my patients are a bit shorter but Dan knows how to push my buttons. On a whole I am very happy with the pregnant experience and I am looking forward to see what the remainder holds.
The Baby's Progress:
How your baby's growing: Head to bottom, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll likely start noticing more and more. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin and his ears are now in position and stand out from his head. Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Looking good, Mamma!

Don't worry, your belly will pop out around the 26 - 28 week mark and the "in between" phase will be over! Until then, where those cute dresses while you still can!!!!

Team Andersen said...

Woo Hoo! Glad to see you are getting a little belly. You look great and you're glowing! Nola is so excited and can't wait to meet her new cousin! Love y'all

Big Bets said...

I don't think I have ever seen you so content. You look wonderful. Enjoy the experience. Love y'all lots.