Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Another trip to the Doctor, 4th ultrasound

It seems like I visit the doctors office once a week now, but no worries everything is still ok. After a busy Mardi Gras I called to inform my doctor that I had experienced bleeding Sunday morning and also Tuesday afternoon, they wanted me to come in to be sure all was ok. I don't freak out any longer when I see the blood b/c I have now come to realize that its just something I have to deal with and it has yet to affect Baby Crowley. Finally after another ultrasound we have found out what is the cause of the bleeding, placenta previa. The placenta is sitting low and with too much activity I can cause blood vessels to burst which in turn causes a gushing of blood. The doctor has informed me that I must take it easy, and that some doctors would put their patients on strict bed rest. Since I'm so early in the pregnancy the doctor is hoping to see the placenta shift to the correct spot. The baby is doing great, this was the fourth ultrasound and the baby is getting bigger and bigger. We tried to peep to see what the sex is but unfortunately it is still too early. I'm scheduled to head back to the doctor in 3 weeks and that visit should be the one we find out what we are blessed with.
Again, please keep us in your prayers!
Here's a link if your interested in reading more about the Placenta Previa,
http://www.babycenter.com/0_placenta-previa_830.bc

2 comments:

Michele said...

Are you going to have to have a C-Section? I know most women with placenta previa usually do have C-Sections...has your doctor mentioned anything about that?

lenee said...

Not sure just yet if I will have to have a C Section, that will be determined in the 3rd trimester if the placenta hasn't shiffted. But your right, a C Section is neccessary if the nothing changes.